Track 5: Conference delegates in this track focus on health systems, including their role in advancing Universal Health Coverage (UHC). This includes governance and social participation, rights-based approaches, processes and technical solutions for identifying high priority services in essential health care packages, and the use of technology to strengthen health systems. The track invites contributions from all disciplines, recognizing the role of the social sciences, ethics, law and the humanities in this field and how they intersect with epidemiology, health economics, health systems and policy research and health services research
- is organised by the University of Bergen (UiB) on behalf of the Federation of European Societies for Tropical Medicine and International Health (FESTMIH)
- with enabling partners (Centre for International Health, UiB; Haukeland University Hospital; Global Health Norway, the Norwegian Research School of Global Health; and the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH))
- and sponsors (Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH); the European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP); and Merck)
- and supported by the Research Council of Norway.
- The abstracts will be presented in a special issue of the Journal of Tropical Medicine & International Health (TMIH).