Welcome to Bergen, and Norway's western coast - virtually!
In Track 2, conference delegates present and discuss their recent research on prevention, diagnostics, and treatment of HIV, tuberculosis and hepatitis. This is also the place for interdisciplinary discussions, bringing together natural, social, and medical sciences.
Track highlights: HIV 40 years and TB 9000 years
Name: Dr Morna Cornell
Institution: University of Cape Town
Speciality: Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Title: HIV 40 years
Morna Cornell is Senior Research Officer at a data centre, the Southern African International Epidemiology Databases to Evaluate AIDS. Learn more from her University of Cape Town web page.
Name: Professor Graham Bothamley
Institution: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
Speciality: Infection Biology
Title: TB 9000 years
Bothamley’s research areas include the management of MDR-TB, cough and transmission of TB, diagnostic tests for TB disaese and latent tuberculosis infection, and immune responses. Learn more from his LSHTM web page.
- is organised by the University of Bergen (UiB) on behalf of the Federation of European Societies for Tropical Medicine and International Health (FESTMIH)
- with enabling partners (Centre for International Health, UiB; Haukeland University Hospital; Global Health Norway, the Norwegian Research School of Global Health; and the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH))
- and sponsors (Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH); the European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP); and Merck)
- and supported by the Research Council of Norway.
- The abstracts will be presented in a special issue of the Journal of Tropical Medicine & International Health (TMIH).